Monday, August 24, 2009

week 3 Aug 24-29

Monday, Day 9 - 3 miles
  • Where: track
  • Time: 30:01
  • Pace: 10:00
  • Difficulty: 2
  • Notes: grr, you'd think i'd be faster. but it was a nice, easy run while i got acquainted with the extra-curriculars of the local HS. their football, cross-country teams and cheerleaders were all there. i kept thinking of all the mean things i could say to the cheerleaders. but i'm an adult now and there's no need. or so i tell myself. back to running... i picked it up the last 300 m and pushed the last hundred or so. which makes my time even more frustrating.
Wednesday, Day 10 - 3.75 miles
  • Where: down hilyard and part of rexius
  • Difficulty: 2
  • Notes: i messed up my mileage again and went a quarter mile less than i was supposed to. but i did see a giant raccoon. does that make up for it?
Thursday, Day 11 - 3 miles
  • Where: cemetery loop
  • Time: 28:47
  • Pace: 9:35
  • Difficulty: 7
  • Notes: for some reason this was killer this morning. i had to talk myself through most of it. my lungs felt like they wanted to explode. i don't get my numbers either, they don't seem right.
Saturday, Day 12 - 6 miles
  • Where: hilyard to rexius back to adidas trail and once around the track
  • Time: little under 60 minutes
  • Pace: about 9:40
  • Difficulty: 5
  • Notes: i definitely had to still push myself to finish (and i mean through the WHOLE run) but it wasn't too bad. of course, i can say that now that i've finished.
Cross-Training: was basically non-existent this week.


Total Miles:
week - 15.75
all - 43

4 comments:

  1. Strong work, cuz! I don't think I could run a 10 minute mile...ever again! you're pretty skilled. And a whole marathon?? That's brave. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment for Wednesday: it only makes up for it if you ran faster at the sight of that raccoon!
    Comment for Thursday: Yay!! you're getting so fast! I'm proud of you cuz!
    Now...quit reading my fatty blog. you're makin me look bad! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you run with a group or do you map out all these runs yourself?? why am i the only person that comments? man, i need a freakin life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time invite the racoon to run with you!

    ReplyDelete